Monday, July 16, 2012

Every Journey Needs A Roadmap

The script is done... 

...Now, the knees-knocking, nail biting part where I send it out to a handful of trusted friends and industry folks for critique.  I've actually already received notes from one person who subsequently voiced excitement about being a part of the emerging project.  I guess that's a good sign. 

In the days to come, I plan to shoot a short video of me talking about the project, with the intention of finding funding/investors.  I have been encouraged to use www.kickstarter.com and/or www.indiegogo.com.  I don't really know the difference between the two but we shall see.  And, I'm in NOW WAY interested in videotaping myself (seeing myself on camera or hearing my annoying, nasally voice), but this movie needs/deserves my best effort.  (ugh!)  There was a suggestion that I solicit hungry filmmakers from a local college to reduce costs, but I have fallen in love with a particular idea of how this will manifest and I am praying that it plays out the way it has in my mind.

So, if you have any suggestions on approach to budget, holler at ya girl!  (Keeping it real.)  And, if you are interested in seeing my (WGA registered) script, let me know.  I'm more than willing to welcome you into my CURDLED world.

Curdled offers a hilarious glimpse at a support group for post-40 pregnant moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment